Vegan Poke Bowl
Bush Tucker Beetroot
- 1 medium beetroot
- 1 tsp alg Seaweed Bush Tucker
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar or any vinegar of your choice
- 2 tsp spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 150g firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp alg Seaweed Chickpea Miso
- 1/2 tsp shichimi togarashi (Japanese 7 spice mix)
- ½ cup edamame beans
- 1 cup of cooked sushi rice
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ avocado, cubed
- alg Seaweed Black Lava Salt
- 1 tsp toasted black sesame seeds
- soy sauce
To make the bush tucker beetroot, steam or boil whole beetroot in a small pot for 30 minutes or until cooked. Test softness by inserting a skewer to the middle. Once beetroot is cooked, drain with cold water, peel the skin and cut into cubes. Mix beetroot, alg Seaweed Bush Tucker, sea salt, vinegar, spring onion and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a small pan, heat up olive oil and sauté tofu until tofu cubes turned golden brown. Add soy sauce and mirin into the pan and sauté for another minute. Keep a close eye on the tofu and prevent burning. Turn off the stove and mix through alg Seaweed Chickpea Miso and shichimi togarashi. Set aside.
If edamame beans are frozen, boil in water for 5 minutes or until cooked. Drain and set aside.
To arrange the poke bowl, first layer sushi rice in the bottom of a medium bowl. Arrange beetroot, tofu, cucumber, avocado and edamame beans on top of the rice. Sprinkle alg Seaweed Black Lava Salt on avocado and sprinkle sesame seeds on the poke bowl. Soy sauce on the side if needed.